What are we doing well?
Attendance as you know has been a focus for the whole Academy for the last couple of years. We have improved whole school attendance through a variety of strategies such as:
- Attendance cup celebrated weekly in achievement assembly
- Attendance certificates for pupils each half term
- Attendance treats each half term
- Regular meetings and monitoring of attendance
- Regular communication with parents if there are attendance concerns
- No authorisation of holidays taken during term time
These have proved to be highly successful and we can now see how we have improved:
- Sep 2015-May 2016- 95.3%
- Sep 2014- May 2015- 95.7%
- Sep 2013-May 2014- 95.8%
- Sep 2012-May 2013- 94.3%
- Sep 2011- May 2012- 92.4%
A huge thank you to all the adults in school who have worked very hard to make these improvements and also a huge thank you to parents and children for responding so positively.
In the last few years our Athletics Team have gone from strength to strength. In 2016, we won the Town Sports competition, competing against 26 other teams.
Our school are among the smallest that complete and are have far less children than the other schools which makes this an even bigger achievement!
In June 2017, we finished second in the compettition but subsequently qualified for the County Finals. Again, the children done us proud, finishing a fantastic seventh position in the whole county, finishing above all competing schools for the Corby,Oundle & Thrapston Partnerships.